Sunday, December 30, 2012

Closing one chapter....

This post is going to be a trip down memory lane for the year 2012- unfortunately the journey really only took place from June to the present time.  However, there's still plenty of lessons learned in January-May.  As we close down 2012 I compare it to a book- it's time to close the chapter in order to open a new one January 1, 2013.





So- here we go:
January-March- I learned that I actually enjoyed running- began the couch to 5K program and got almost all the way through it until....
March-May- life happened- end of the school year hit and I ran around like a crazy person until...
June- I went on a hike and had these pictures taken- no sense in beating a dead horse but it shocked my system- I decided it was time- time to get serious and start making changes.  Took a spinning class for the first time and LOVED it.  Began the couch to 5K program again
July- Started taking spinning and regularly and watched some weight melt off- by the end of July I had lost about 10 lbs but it looked like more.
August- School started and I worried about my schedule not allowing me to go to the gym- BUT it did and I made time.
September- went to Atlanta at the beginning of the month and that was the first visual proof of change.  Went to a wedding toward the end of the month and pulled off a dress that had been hanging in my closet for a while (and got lots of compliments)
October- this was my first "run" where I participated in The Color Run in Nashville- I had a GREAT time- lots of fun and a good way to just do something healthy!
November- this month saw two races- my first "official" 5K in this particular journey at Dollywood (Light the Way) and my 5 mile Turkey Trot in Columbus, Ohio on Thanksgiving.  I also decided to sign up for the Knoxville Half Marathon...

December- Jingle Bell Run here in Knoxville (I just realized I never actually posted a recap so here it is- 3.1 miles in 34:00 minutes- I cut 6 seconds off of my time) and then just today I ran my last "5K" of 2012.  I signed up to do a virtual anywhere 5K and just resolve to run.  It was a tad bit on the chilly side so I ended up on the treadmill and finished in 35:55.  This goes back to my thought that I do better when people are around me.





So, here I am at the end of 2012- there are things I need to improve on- for example in the last month I have gained 4-5 lbs.  So, obviously I am NOT where I need to be.  BUT, in looking back, I can see lessons learned, perspectives gained, and a new lease on my life.  For the first time in a LONG time I am happy to be where I am and doing what I am doing.  The joy that is in me overflows from my relationship with Christ and knowing that He is giving me the strength to do what I should have been doing all along.




Tomorrow morning I am going to have a link up to some GREAT posts here in 2012, especially those that are still in my google reader that I keep going back to!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

toms outlet emkech wjyhok toms shoes outlet axpvtl ncqkwo cheao toms shoes qgkduq http://www.tomsfactoryoutlet.com
tiffany and co outlet iuhsrrt tiffany and co outlet vnriifl replica tiffany jewelry pwmgvkc http://www.tomsshoesoutletonline.net

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

cheap ugg boots sale oinnuxca cheap ugg boots uk ocscuyxr cheap ugg boots gadcsizc cheap uggs qusjdwpd ugg boots sale uk mnuftxhq ugg boots sale mhdshskc ugg boots uk sgohacjm ugg boots kjpcfoxv ugg sale usprffzl

Anonymous said...

cheap ugg boots sale zbzbugvj cheap ugg boots uk xhwvrrxa cheap ugg boots azvqbytg cheap uggs tlczvrwe ugg boots sale uk hasayfrt ugg boots sale lnjjmucn ugg boots uk weotxgqf ugg boots lbtraplr ugg sale jlkflkim

Anonymous said...

ghd kzvuptpz GHD Hair Straightener imclcfje GHD Australia tguhmylx cheap ghd