Sunday, June 16, 2013

Counting my Blessings- Heroes edition

Source: Uploaded by user via NJ on Pinterest

This isn't the blog post I was originally working on but there's no way I could let the day go without acknowledging my earthly heroes.  There are several definitions of what hero means but I turned to Merriam Webster online and found their definition said:

a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b : an illustrious warrior
c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d : one who shows great courage 
 
I am focusing on C today.  So, in my words- a hero is someone(s) who is looked up to for what they have done and most importantly WHO they are.  So, who are my heroes?  This guy and this lady a.k.a. my mom and dad.  I know, I know it's Father's Day so I should just concentrate on my dad, right?  I did extol some of his virtues here but today is a little bit different.  You see, today is also my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.  Yep, his 38th Father's Day and 40th anniversary in one day- can't beat that!  Anyway, I just want to say thank you to my mom and dad for setting a godly example for me.  Life has been full of ups and downs for them (just like everyone), they have sacrificed for each other and for my sister and I, they have set an example of a marriage that seeks to serve the other person (are they perfect?  no but nobody is) and they have set the bar high for me.  So, Happy Father's Day to my dad and Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple who I am honored to have as my parents.  Your support and encouragement has carried me through dark days and uncertain times.  Your love for me, and for each other, has given me an example that I hold close to my heart and treasure.  I love you and miss you both!


7 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Thanks for the tribute honey. I am married to an amazing woman who has blessed this father with two wonderful daughters. You make Father's Day a treat, a time of rejoicing and not a day of regret. I love you.

Susan said...

What a beautiful post! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Floyd said...

A great tribute to a great man and woman and you honor them both. God bless.

Tami Grandi said...

Dad- I mean every word- love you too!

Tami Grandi said...

Susan- I did- Sundays are usually pretty relaxing for me!

Tami Grandi said...

Floyd- thank you

janannframe said...

This made me cry Tami. Beautiful blog. You are all so blessed. :)