Monday, January 23, 2017

Where I am Going...

Honestly, I have NO idea LOL but I have decided that it's time to hop on for the ride.  Several years ago when I was going through my studies at IIN I had a dream that I would then go on to get my personal training and group training certifications and then tie them all together- especially in a faith-based setting (and to be honest- that's the first time I have put this out there).  Well, after IIN and gaining weight and feeling like I had no business doing any of that I put that dream to the side.  With the most recent involvements- my participation in a couple of online studies through Revelation Wellness and the challenge at the Y and getting back into exercising on a more regular basis- the dream has started to be stirred again but I still go through the doubts- the questioning if this is really where God is leading me, that this is crazy and I am not qualified.

**ETA- I started this post on Sunday night and then on Monday one of my friends posted this:

found here

Wednesday I worked on this assignment for The Little Way 30 Day Challenge and wrote this- the top part of this was to be written in our non-dominant hand as a way of taking us out of our comfort zone but then I added the bottom part on my own.


One of my friends saw my post and sent me a link to a pre-order book by Michele Cushatt.
I ordered and got some bonus gifts for preordering.  One of those were lock screens for the phone- I looked and chose this one.



Then Sunday comes along and my dad starts to preach (more on that in a bit) and then he brings up Jeremiah 1:18-19 which caused me to do a double-take because of how in line it was with the above.

"And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you.”

  Hmmm... this was about the point where the 2x4 hit me over the head!


Back to the sermon- My dad was talking about what it means to be a fool and followed it up with these people (I am not going to name all of them- just the ones that were specific in my thought process):
Abraham- "Obedience is easy when it fits into our plan or scheme.  Abraham was willing to obey even though it was crazy."

Naaman- "Sometimes we are asked to take steps of wild obedience where we have no clue where it will end.  Stop too soon and we miss out on God's phenomenal blessings."

Gideon- "It doesn't matter the size of the army or the enemy coming against you when God is fighting the battle for you."

Hosea- "Though we fail; we are not failures.  Though we are unfaithful; God is faithful."

So- in the midst of this crazy (some would say foolish) dream that I am dreaming is it possible that dream  could come true?  I don't know yet if this is where it is going to unfold.  What I do know is that I am going to live my life to the fullest, trusting that with each step I am being led by God.

To end this post- this song- it was played in the video for the torchbearers for our county.  It's not a "Christian" song or even by a Christian group but I LOVED the song and think it fits (although there are several others that fit also)



(and after watching this official version- how can I NOT go for my dreams- I have been given this one wild and crazy life for a reason- to share Jesus with others-the question is how?

10 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I'm finding words hard to find. I know that surprises you. I mean, I know you listen but to be able to relate them to your life and to this post just totally blows me away. I guess I can't say nobody listens when I preach can I? LOL Thanks for the honor of using some of my words. Greater though is your willingness to dream again. i want to see you soar higher than you have before. I want to see you dream greater dreams than you ever have. And I am sooooo proud of you.

Tami Grandi said...

I always listen :) and there have been several take-aways these last few months- at least for me. And your support has been big in giving me the push to dream again.

Wise Hearted said...

Tami, glad to see you blogging again. You know those of us who blog are just like you...we dream, we fail, dream some more, maybe fail again or go onto something new to try, fail, try again. I cannot tell you the times I have done that with losing weight. You see, I love to eat, seriously, love the crisp taste of a chip, the fullness of a hamburger dripping with sauce, fries fried just right. I have blamed the southern girl in me for the love of fried food way to long. Now thats one issue I am working on in my life. The other is being 70 years old and having a full life behind me I am wondering, God just what do you want me to do. I am not sure if this is God or not but I would love to hike some smaller mountains around me, watch the sun come up and go down. Recently I had to have heart surgery, huge wake up call on my eating habits. Out of this wake up call comes a renewed focus of getting myself in shape, I am told it will take a year. For this Martha, I want it now, so as usual God is trying my lack of patience. I look forward to checking back to your blog to see just where you have been soaring. Watch those low dips, trust Him to bring you out of them. And I think your Dad is a pretty good preacher to listen to.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Hi, Tami!
So happy that your dad connected his readers to your blog! I love your inspiration here about discerning God's will for our lives and following through, no matter how foolish or crazy it may appear to the rest of the world. God does call us for His purpose, and if those dreams keep invading your mind and spirit, then I would venture to say God is working powerfully in you!
Blessings!

Pam Williams said...

Like father, like daughter. Beautiful, Tami! Well applied, well written.

TC Avey said...

I love it when God speaks to me in numerous ways to help me hear Him clearly. He knows I need extra help at times and He's willing to go the extra mile so that I have confidence I am truly hearing Him.
Thanks for sharing.

Tami Grandi said...

Betty- thanks- I am just trying to take it one day at a time with the blogging, with the exercising and the eating! Hang in there!

Tami Grandi said...

Martha Jane- Thanks for the words of encouragement. And yes, I truly believe He calls us for His purpose! i can't wait to see where he takes me!

Tami Grandi said...

Pam- Thank you- I have some big shoes to "fill" :) Just pray that I can always apply what I learn

Tami Grandi said...

TC- yes! I think for me- I need to hear it more than once in different ways so I truly "get" it!