Monday, September 12, 2016

Priceless

If you have read my blog long enough you might remember this post that I did back in January 2014 after an event called Run 4 Their Lives.  Since then I have followed news about human trafficking as well as following the Run 4 Their Lives and Freedom 4/24 facebook pages.  Back in late June/early July I got an email about a virtual run that supported Christine's House over in Uganda which helps young ladies (many of whom are pregnant) who are trying to get out of trafficking.  I signed up and received a card of who I was running for (and her story).  The medal and t-shirt I received were just extras.  The race was scheduled for July 23rd.  I had a plan but earlier that week I got bit by a dog on the leg while I was running so I had to adjust and be happy with whatever I could get.




After I continued to keep up with the news but not sure of what my role could be in this setting- wanting to help but realizing that at this time- running, supporting, and praying may be what I do.  Then this past Thursday, September 8, the church hosted a "forum" to bring to light the plight of child exploitation and human trafficking in the area where I live- again, something was stirred in my heart but not sure what and where to go with that.  I ended up signing up for another virtual run through Run 4 Their Lives which is actually a domestic focus instead of an international focus.  It will take place the weekend of October 7-9.  I will actually be in Ohio during that time but since it can be run anywhere I am hoping to get it done either Friday, the 7th after school (if we leave Saturday) or Saturday the 8th (if we head to Ohio on Friday).  And then I found out that a movie that focuses on this horrific activity will be released mid-October from the guys of From King and Country.  I heard this song on the radio and LOVED it- I think because it resonates within my heart and then to find out that it's the basis of the movie- well, I am super excited to see how God is going to use this to show me what his plan for me in this will be!


Mirror mirror, mirror on the wall
Tellin' those lies, pointing out your flaws
That isn't who you are
That isn't who you are

It might be hard to hear, but let me tell you dear
If you could see what I can see, I know you would believe
That isn't who you are
There's more to who you are

So when it's late, you're wide awake
Too much to take
Don't you dare forget that in the pain
You can be brave, hear me say

I see you dressed in white
Every wrong made right
I see a rose in bloom
At the sight of you (oh so priceless)
Irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable
Darling, it's beautiful
I see it all in you (oh so priceless)

No matter what you've heard, this is what your worth
More than all the money or the diamonds and pearls
Oh this is who you are
Yea this is who you are

1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I will be interested to see where this journey takes you also. You know my heart beats for this subject otherwise i would not have had Judge Quillen present her information. I have contacted Misty at the Tivoli to see if it is possible to have the movie here. We will see. And we will see what God will do.