Friday, May 23, 2014

#spiritualwhitespace


The term whitespace is often used in art and used to describe the part of the canvas or artwork that is untouched or left "white".  Recently I was reading over at (in)courage and came across the opportunity to be a part of a blog launch team for the book Finding Spiritual Whitespace by Bonnie Gray.  I filled out the application and a couple of weeks ago I got an email that I had been accepted to participate.  The tagline is "Awakening your soul to rest".  This book could not have come at a better time for me.  I was finishing up the school year and I was exhausted and desperately needing that rest.  I read the preface and found myself in tears a few times and I knew that God had led me to reading the (in)courage blog on that particular day so that I could participate and find that rest I so desperately sought.  I will share various thoughts throughout the reading that speak to me.




Every Thursday there is a link up (yes, I know today is Friday but now that school is out I am hopefully going to be able to blog a bit more).  Anyway, yesterday's link up- we were asked to choose one of three quotes and tell how it spoke to us.  I chose this one



I honestly don't know that I could adequately express how this speaks to me but the bottom line is that this is where I am.  I am longing for rest, for a space where I can truly be, to rest, to reconnect and dream.  And then, the place to live out those dreams.  

I am really looking forward to sharing more as I read (I have a few things that have already jumped out at me in the introduction alone!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, recieved this invitation at an exhausting time in my life. But just in reading the intro, I am already finding rest!

Unknown said...

It's such a pleasure to meet your words and you through today's link up. I look forward to reading more as well.

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Look forward to reading more about what you are being taught. Love you much.

Thoughts for the day said...

beautiful words, and yes the book will be a wonderful invitation to slow down, and to 'listen and receive'.

Tami Grandi said...

Andrea- it's kind of cool how God does that isn't it?!

Tami Grandi said...

Jeri- Thank you- I'm looking forward to reading more and participating in more link ups

Tami Grandi said...

Dad- love you too!

Tami Grandi said...

Thoughts- thank you! and I looking forward to listening and receiving!

Brooke said...

exited to read more.