A few weeks ago I received an email asking me to consider reviewing a product. After checking into the product and seeing a few other reviews I decided to do so, in hopes I would find that this was a product that I can get behind and enjoy in the future.
I should start out by saying that I am NOT a tea drinker and have had tea maybe only once or twice. It's just not something that I enjoy even though I want to. I know there are health benefits to green tea but without seriously doctoring it up (which probably takes away some of those health benefits) I can't get it down. Enter Matcha Tea from Kiss Me Organics
Some of the benefits include: increased focus, all day energy, metabolism boost, and several others. I did see an increased focus and a metabolism boost- not so sure on the all day energy (pretty sure my sleeping habits factor into that).
Kiss Me Organics send out a 71 page digital recipe book when you place your order. It has recipes that include everything from using it in beverages, smoothies, baking, and even dips. I used it mainly in smoothies and my mug muffin that I make in the mornings occasionally. I did try it in some 2 ingredient pancakes that I saw on pinterest (bananas and eggs) and it was a fail (not the match- the actual pancake). I don't do a lattes but I may give one a try in the next week or so.
So- my thoughts-
- I think it would take some consistent use (just like with everything) to see the results. I will continue to use the product daily (or at least consistently once summer vacation hits) to see if those results come.
- It doesn't add any taste (that I could pinpoint) to the smoothies so that is a huge plus for me.
- It's easy to use and each recipe is written very clearly (with pictures)
- A search on Pinterest brings up even MORE recipes that can be used.
- SUPER FAST shipping- I ordered it on April 19th which was a Saturday and I had it in hand on April 22nd which was a Tuesday.
The one con:
The cost- It's $25.00 for a 4 oz. bag. I started using it about 2 weeks ago and still have quite a bit left but I only use 1 tsp a day because that's the recommended use. I will have to evaluate at the end to see how long the bag lasted because the only place to get this particular brand is through Amazon.
All that being said, I have enjoyed testing this product and am thankful for the opportunity to do so. I have used the opportunity to experiment with fruit smoothies (starting with one from the recipe book called Berry Good Morning Smoothie) that have led to my mornings being a lot less rushed than before- in my book that makes this product a WIN! (and it has made me want to give green tea another try)