Monday, May 19, 2014

Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Review

**I received the product in return for a review on my blog and on Amazon.  I was not required to give a positive review but to only share my experience.

A few weeks ago I received an email asking me to consider reviewing a product.  After checking into the product and seeing a few other reviews I decided to do so, in hopes I would find that this was a product that I can get behind and enjoy in the future.



I should start out by saying that I am NOT a tea drinker and have had tea maybe only once or twice.  It's just not something that I enjoy even though I want to.  I know there are health benefits to green tea but without seriously doctoring it up (which probably takes away some of those health benefits) I can't get it down.  Enter Matcha Tea from Kiss Me Organics


Some of the benefits include: increased focus, all day energy, metabolism boost, and several others.  I did see an increased focus and a metabolism boost- not so sure on the all day energy (pretty sure my sleeping habits factor into that).

Kiss Me Organics send out a 71 page digital recipe book when you place your order.  It has recipes that include everything from using it in beverages, smoothies, baking, and even dips.  I used it mainly in smoothies and my mug muffin that I make in the mornings occasionally.  I did try it in some 2 ingredient pancakes that I saw on pinterest (bananas and eggs) and it was a fail (not the match- the actual pancake).  I don't do a lattes but I may give one a try in the next week or so.

So- my thoughts-

  • I think it would take some consistent use (just like with everything) to see the results.  I will continue to use the product daily (or at least consistently once summer vacation hits) to see if those results come. 
  • It doesn't add any taste (that I could pinpoint) to the smoothies so that is a huge plus for me.  
  • It's easy to use and each recipe is written very clearly (with pictures)
  • A search on Pinterest brings up even MORE recipes that can be used.
  • SUPER FAST shipping- I ordered it on April 19th which was a Saturday and I had it in hand on April 22nd which was a Tuesday. 
The one con:
The cost- It's $25.00 for a 4 oz. bag.  I started using it about 2 weeks ago and still have quite a bit left but I only use 1 tsp a day because that's the recommended use.  I will have to evaluate at the end to see how long the bag lasted because the only place to get this particular brand is through Amazon.  

All that being said, I have enjoyed testing this product and am thankful for the opportunity to do so.  I have used the opportunity to experiment with fruit smoothies (starting with one from the recipe book called Berry Good Morning Smoothie) that have led to my mornings being a lot less rushed than before- in my book that makes this product a WIN! (and it has made me want to give green tea another try)

2 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I like green tea actually better than black tea. I will wait to see what you say down the road. As for drinking tea...hot in the morning of a cold winter day or when struggling with throat issues.

Diwakar said...

Hello Tam. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Journey to a Healthy Life" and the post on it " Organic Matcha Green Tea Power Review". Well liked your blog "Delighting in Hime" but since it has not recent post I thought you will not view it and hence thought of sharing about the program our church in Mumbai, India has for the young people as well as adults from the West. We encourage the young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope, future and life. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city OF Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with in the slums of Mumbai during your summer/ Christmas vacation. My email id is : dhwankhedee(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.