Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Continuing onward...

November 7 was supposed to be a blurb about "a day in my life".  Well, let's see- most days I lead a pretty boring life- I go to work and sit in a booth like a veal (name that movie- see the end for the answer).  Nah, not really but it is go to work, go home, try to find some oomph to exercise, work at home (lesson planning, working on assessments, etc), and try to get to bed at a decent time.  The only time I seem to turn the tv on anymore is Tuesday nights for Biggest Loser and Saturdays I will turn football on if UT or Ohio State is playing for the background noise (how many days until spring training and baseball season? LOL).  And quite honestly, that's all I really want to say about a day in my life.

November 8- 5 minutes about time...

Wow, this is a "timely" subject (pun intended).  So often, I talk about not having enough time to get a workout in, or to do this or that.  What it really comes down to are my priorities in my time.  We all have the same 24 hours a day, it's all in what we do with them.  Is it really so busy that I can't give 30 minutes to exercise?  Most days the answer is no it isn't (this Wednesday, the 13th and next Thursday the 21st are not those- I really won't have a chance because I am booked from 6;30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. both days).  Today I left for work at 6:25 and got home at 5:30.  I threw a baked potato in the oven, changed clothes and put in a dvd (Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights- ouch).  Today- I did not let excuses take that time away from me.  I'm done with that- my time is just that- my time...Time management is one of my weaknesses- I'm working on changing that.

November 9- 5 Favorite places to shop online:
Road ID (new colors for bands and little badges- yes please)
Amazon (who doesn't need more books LOL)
One More Mile (this is window shopping)
Fellow Flowers (love the new performance tees- wish they weren't $32!)
Teachers Pay Teachers (this is where I get a lot of my Teacher resources)

November 10- A time you felt unstoppable
I honestly don't know if I have hit that point yet... I think I am still working on getting there

November 11- 3 albums you would take to a deserted island
Mandisa- Overcomer (the "dancing" to the tunes would keep me sane)
Audio Adrenaline- Kings and Queens (ditto the dancing)
Colton Dixon- just because I like him :)

All caught up and this is where I will stay for a few days (the next few I don't really have anything to chat about LOL)

Oh, and the answer to the movie- While You Were Sleeping :) (one of my faves)

My next post will have a couple of cool things that I get to be a part of and am really looking forward to :)



No comments: