Monday, November 11, 2013

A little Catch-up

This is a continuation of the post from Sunday evening- I'm on a quest to catch up and maybe even get back into blogging a little more regularly- probably not every day but I have missed it so here goes...



November 4 was to write for 5 minutes on Freedom.  I find it appropriate that mine is going live on Veteran's Day instead of the 4th (and it probably won't be 5 minutes).  Freedom has many connotations: the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action; liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of and so many more.

But what does Freedom mean to me?  Freedom means that I have been given the opportunity to live my life without fear.  My ultimate freedom is found in Christ- I know that He loves me more than I could ever fathom.  While that freedom is not always understood the bottom line is that it is available and it is free for us.  Freedom also is found in my day to day life.  A lot of those freedoms were given to me through the sacrifices of those who went to battle daily.  I have several veterans in my family and my scope of friends.  I hope that they know just how thankful I am and how much I don't take it for granted.  One thing we do at school is say the pledge.  I work to teach my students how to treat that act and give it the respect for it deserves.  Every time I say the pledge, I sing the Star Spangled Banner or God Bless America or watch anything to do with the troops my heart bursts with pride and thankfulness for those who have fought and are continuing to fight for those freedoms!  Please don't take them for granted.

November 5- My favorite recipe- this one is kind of hard because I tend to cook the same things over and over again but I suppose there are two that I really do like:

My typical breakfast meal is this Skinny Muffin in a Mug- this is just the quickest site I found with the recipe but I do usually add a little pumpkin (not necessary though), or some blueberries, and sometimes a few white chocolate chips.  I also throw in about a tsp of protein powder for a little added protein.  I eat it anywhere between 7 and 8 daily and it keeps me completely full (sometimes I am not even ready for lunch) until 11:30.  

Another fave is Turkey Zucchini Boats- Basically (since I can't find the recipe I pinned)- I cut and halve a zucchini (or two) and scoop out the inside.  I blanch them for a few minutes and then put them on a cookie sheet.  In the meantime I am browning some ground turkey, adding the cut up zucchini (from the middle) and usually some tomato sauce.  Sometimes I will also add some cheese and taco seasoning.  When it's all good and mixed I add the mixture to the zucchini boats and add some cheese to the top and stick it in the oven and bake at about 400 for about 30 minutes.  Skinnytaste.com has a great recipe to follow but I tweak it to make it "mine"

November 6-Five Fave apps (these are both on my iPad and my phone)
ESV Bible
My Fitness Pal
Facebook/Twitter
a local weather app
Target Cartwheel
Pinterest 

And there you have it!  November 4-6!  Make sure you have thanked a Veteran today!
**I will probably do days 8,9, 10, and 11 for Tuesday morning and then the rest will be hit and miss for the month.  There are some days I love the prompt and then there are others where they just aren't "me".

No comments: