I have 2 races coming up before Christmas (well, at least 2- there's a possibility of 1 more). Thanksgiving Day will be the local Turkey Trot 5K. I signed up for this one last year then plans changed so I didn't stay in town to run this one. This year, I'm here and I'm going. It's not going to be pretty- it's going to be slow but since I have pretty much started my journey all over again it's just how it is going to be. I also am doing the Jingle Bell Run again. I did this one last year- it's the fundraiser for arthritis and since I have arthritis in my hips and back I will support this one every year for as long as I am able to do so. I have joined a "team" this year in support of a little girl with arthritis.
I have plans to do the local New Year's race again (hopefully not in a cold downpour like last year) and then just a couple weeks later there's this amazing opportunity that has presented itself.
Did You Know:
CONSIDER THESE STARTLING NUMBERS:
- There are estimated to be 27 million slaves worldwide.
- This industry brings in $32 billion a year, and those numbers are increasing daily.
- Reportedly, 161 countries are affected by human trafficking as either sources, transit centers or destinations.
- 80% of trafficked victims are women. More and more young girls and women are being sold, trafficked, or forced into prostitution.
- The average age of trafficking victims worldwide is 12 years old.
- Every 120 seconds a child is sold into slavery - 30 per hour - 720 a day - 1.2 million a year. This is why we must take a stand now!
R4TL 2011 from Brentwood Church on Vimeo.