Sunday, January 6, 2013

Race Recap: No Excuses!


Cold (40ish- not cold to some but downright bone-chilling here) and rainy.  Those two words could sum up the New Year's Day Calhoun's Race---EXCEPT I chose two other words- NO EXCUSES!  As I followed the weather forecast I realized it was going to cold and rainy, I knew I had a choice- listen to my head or listen to my heart.  My head told me- go to the gym/home and run it on the treadmill.  My heart told me- no excuses and to give it my all.

Here's the deal, all of my life I have made excuse after excuse as to why it didn't happen, why I wouldn't go for it, why I was giving up.  If 2013 is going to be my year to "press on" then couldn't let a little rain stop me (okay, it was a lot of rain but still...)

Anyway, bottom line I ran the race, finished with a time of 35:13- not my best but it's a good place to start for the year.

**This is race #1 in my 13 in 2013 and my January race for 5 by the 5th.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how proud I am of you!!!

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

That's definitely a great place to start! And 40s is cold here, too... I forget what it was like running in the northeast, my body has definitely adapted to the southern temps. :)

Coach Jen said...

Great start to the year! I love your goal to press on, mental toughness is key to tough races and workouts, sometimes more than physical :)