My post today is going to be built on my "word"/phrase for the year- Press On (aka perseverance). I heard this song recently (and anytime it comes on my music I tend to hit repeat) and encourage you to take a listen. I love the part where it talks about pressing on and that's when it hit me what my personal theme for 2013 would be:
Oh the day will come
As we press on
When the battle's won
So lift up your eyes
Cause we're not forgotten
And hope will lead us on
Perseverance is defined by Webster's as such: continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition : the action or condition or an instance of persevering : steadfastness
THAT is a perfect description of where I said life is going to take us- it's all in our journey- whether that be our physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual journeys.
With that said I have some goals for the coming year- I don't make resolutions because they are to easily broken- I do make goals because in my thinking goals are that which I can work toward. If I achieve them-Fabulous, if not then that's okay too, as long as I have made the steps forward.
- run 13 races in 2013 (I have referenced this before).
- add lifting and strength training to my healthy living
- Complete one RAK (Random act of Kindness) every day. This may be as simple as smiling at a stranger when I pass them.
- Share my journey with others
- Pursue what it would take to become a health coach (this is the scary one)
** I had more to say including January's goals but I think I'll end this here and post my January goals on Wednesday.