Monday, August 20, 2012

Fruit...

No, not the eating kind (although I love my fruit) but the kind of fruit that you see after laboring long and hard.  I have been on this journey many times in the last few years (okay, strike that- last MANY years). but this time, something is different.  I don't know if it was seriousness of the doctor, the kidney issues I deal with and being tired of that, the fact I had to go on blood pressure meds, or something else completely different; but this time- something clicked and I knew it was time.  Seeing myself in my picture from early June may have helped this thought process along for sure, bottom line, it was time.  I began this journey in spin class on June 11 but that first week was "iffy" so in all honesty, I started this journey on June 18.  Since that time, a span of two months and a few days, I have lost 14 lbs. and I don't even know how many inches (I wish I had measured before I started).  In the process of losing I have also gained- I have gained new friends.  I have made so many new friends in my spin class and I truly look forward to seeing them in class- their encouragement to me motivates me to keep on going.  I have gained confidence- I am approaching my life with a different perspective and wondering what God has for me as a result of this journey.  I have gained physically- I have pushed myself in ways I never thought possible and try to use each class to push me beyond what I did the first time. 



Am I disappointed I haven't lost more- NO!  I am learning from the fable The Tortoise and the Hare.  I may not run like the hare and that's quite alright!  Because slow and steady will win this race! 

No comments: