Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Encouraging words

We have all experienced them (hopefully), we have all given them (hopefully).  I have worked hard this summer and while I have seen results in myself- about a month after starting- I have had several people at work and church encourage me with their sweet comments about the difference.  Anytime I get discouraged or frustrated because I can't do what I WANT to do, someone always speaks up at just the right time to encourage me in this journey.  So, the next time you notice a change in someone- speak up- it might be exactly what they needed to hear at that point in time. 



Now, the sign below is what I stared at while running on the treadmill yesterday.  For so long I wished for what I wasn't willing to work for- and then one day it clicked- if I don't work- I don't get results.  Wishing does absolutely nothing except get me frustrated.  The work is what gets me there.  I have decided this year is the year- I will gain a better grasp on my time management, I will deal with my stress in a much better (more appropriate) way, I will work for what I want.  To do that means giving up things- junk food, time spent doing other things, re-evaluating my load of work and non-work activities, etc.  If I work- I will see results!



No comments: