Saturday, January 1, 2022

Restore- 2022

 


2021 was not the year I (or probably any of us) thought it would be. I had such high hopes for 2021 after 2020. Such high hopes that my word for 2021 was Forward- and in many ways I did move forward, but there were also times when I felt like I had fallen backward, or was even just stuck. 


2020 ended with a bout of Covid, March 2021 began the journey with Parosmia (distorted smell and Dysgeusia (distorted taste). October 2021 stopped me in my tracks with a mild heart attack (it was a SCAD heart attack) more than likely due to stress (and 2 weeks before the heart attack, a deer ran right into my car while I was on my way to work).


There were silver linings- I have lost about 50 lbs since March (not the way I planned but it is what it is). I was able to go visit TN for the first time in 3 years and saw a bear in person. I started running again and even taught my Rev classes in March and April. The heart attack made me slow down and take a good hard look at my life and the stressors in it. I knew some things needed to change and they are slowly getting there. 


With that in mind I went back to my word from 2020 (restoration) and tweaked it a bit. My word for 2022 is restore. And the graphic shows what I want to restore- mental, physical, and spiritual along with my dreams. My dreams died a bit and I feel this stirring to figure out where God is leading me and what He is calling me to. 


The word restore means to bring back to- to return to an original state after depletion or loss. Some of the synonyms are renew, recharge, regenerate and rebuild.  My verse for 2020 was 1 Peter 5:10 and while it is still relevant, the verses I am clinging close to this year are Joel 2:25- trusting that He WILL restore what the "locusts" have stolen 


and Psalm 23:3.  

In my back pocket I am keeping Psalm 41:3 and Jeremiah 30:17 to also keep close.



One of my goals for 2022 is to restore my blog- to bring it back to where it was- as my place for sharing, the ups and downs, the dreams and the journey through life. It may not be every day, but it will be as God places it on my heart to share. Have a blessed day and Happy New Year!











1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

As your dad, i am glad to see you back here. I am happy to see you not waste the lessons of 2021 and the still-lessons-to-learn. God has a plan for you and I can't wait to see what transpires. Dream Big honey. As long as it is His dream for you, He will carry you to new adventures and new heights and new usefulness. Love you much.