Monday, April 3, 2017

Addition and Subtraction

It kind of consumes my life these days- teaching kindergartners how to add and subtract and make sure they understand what it all means is sometimes a daunting task BUT that is not what this post is about- this is kind of a honest look at how things have been going...


So, my word for the year has been Balance and I truly have been working to get there and stay there.  It's the staying that's the hardest and I wasn't quite sure why or how to fix it until this past week.  I was working my way through a Bible Study (Weigh Less 2 Feed More) and came across the question about Jesus being the key element to a balanced life.  And then it asked what do I think Jesus wants to take away and add for balance.  One word- OUCH...  That stepped on the toes a bit- gets a little personal (I actually wanted to skip that question) 😉.  I actually was able to write down my add right away- more consistent time with Him and more consistent exercise (and understanding that by doing that I am honoring Him).  The take away was harder and actually took me a couple of extra days.  Then came the day I came home and did my RevWellTV workout and after it was over-  I knew.



You see, one of my "whines" (aka excuses) has been time- that I get up too early as it is and come and work later. But when I really looked at it- I was not working.  I would sit down with the intention of working but then I would get sucked into my email, Facebook, poking around the internet, etc.  When- in reality- if I came home and worked out first- I would still have time to "work".


So, with that in mind I knew it was time to answer the question- the thing that needs to be taken away is my time on electronic devices- mainly my computer.  I need to read more (I have a stack of books that I keep adding to); I need to exercise more; etc. With that in mind I had to make an evening schedule so I can be intentional.

My workout schedule will follow RevWellTV's calendar as closely as possible (my rest days and some of the workouts may need adjusted) and I may switch some things around but it's what I need to do.  Work nights will tentatively (based on the week's schedule) be Tuesday and Thursday.  Other than that I will be setting a timer to better control the amount of time spent on the computer.


There are more takeaways to address but this was the biggest- the others have to do with setting goals which is a post in progress...





1 comment:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

It's never easy to face facts. It's never easy to figure out what needs changed. As you know I was faced with that recently and had to make adjustments. They were not easy to make but necessary. You can do this! And then you will wonder how in the world you got sucked into this mess to begin with. I look forward to seeing the changes.