Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1- Making a Plan

So - I ended yesterday's post with the idea that it's time for a change- the first step in making a change is making a plan.

So- what's my plan?  Knowing that my month of December is CRAZY and since I am in waiting mode to see what the podiatrist says on Thursday my plan needs to be very basic.  Meal planning- that's it- for the physical aspect.  Drink the water and then actually EAT what I PLAN!  My hope is that Sunday I have had the time (and taken the time) to do some meal prepping for the week.  The rest of that involves tracking.  It's what I did before and I saw great results.  I tried to get away from it because I felt like I was a slave to MFP and yet, it worked, so not sure why I am fighting it.  Get rid of those fried foods, eat more veggies, cook more!  That's my plan.

Mentally and emotionally- this one is harder for me-I think it's the not knowing from day to day what's going to happen that affects this.  However, I know that I need to take one night- surely I can take one night- and make it just mine.  Nothing work related, nothing "anything" related except to clear my mind- whether that be through tv, reading, or journaling.  I also need to set a specific night of the week for work related items (this may be two nights)- that could be anything from grading to lesson plans.  And, if it's not one of those two nights- I don't work on it- unless it's a pressing need to get it done.

One month- I am taking these one month at a time.  This is not where I planned to be on December 1- but reality is- it's where I am.  The only way to move forward is to start where I am and don't look back.


(Thank goodness for this).  One step at a time, one day at a time...  Off and "running"

3 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I look forward to seeing you at Christmas time and "seeing" visible results of your good choices. Not necessarily physically (although that is sure to be there) but your attitude and mental state (not so whacky.lol). Maybe if it is not so cold we can go for a walk/talk. Notice i said walk not run. I'll also tell mom not to have anything "evil" in the house. Love you much.

Tami Grandi said...

It's going to be hard- but hopefully my determination will get me through :) Not just mom but Janna too since it's her house! It will all come together, I will make the puzzle pieces fit!

Unknown said...

My favorite part of this is how you're determined to take some time for yourself. That is so so so important, hun, in self-care. As busy as we, we need those weekly nights of doing nothing but resting/relaxing to help us get through the rest! Keep up with those and I have no doubt the rest will be a lot easier :)