Monday, August 4, 2014

Living Life

This post is going to be a mish-mash of "information".  A conglomeration of sorts of all that has gone on this summer!

Let's start with June:
June brought a trip to Ohio and Indiana.  It also led to my new "adventure" for the month- my new thing that I did for June was paddle boarding.  I did not make it to the standing up part but hopefully the next time I'll be a bit more confident and get it.


I got to watch my nephew play baseball and spend some much needed time with my mom and dad.


July brought volunteering for the Pilot Fireball Classic.  It's a race I ran last year but was not prepared for this year.  I still have not been consistent with my running- I am still dealing with some heel pain and issues so probably need to make it to a doctor but have held off at this point (quite honestly, I am sick of doctors).  I also was still working to find out some results of medical tests- the bottom line- my labs came back completely normal so nobody is sure what is going on and I suppose I just need to be more diligent in my choices.  It would help I suppose if I were more motivated to exercise but at this point I am still working on that.

My July adventure was a trip to the Elizabeton/Johnson City area for my friend Crystal's grand opening at her studio.  I traveled with my friend Glenneth.  It was a Monday night and we left around 2 (got back around 11ish).  We did 5 different 30 minute classes including a Piloxing class (which was new to me). There were two dance classes and two strength/cardio classes along with the Piloxing class.  My Heart Rate Monitor isn't working right now so I have no clue how many calories I burned but it was a lot- I had sweat pouring off!  Crystal's studio is called Train Dirty Fitness and she has an amazing line up of classes and instructors!  If you are in the area you should check it out!


July also consisted of moving my classroom from my PreK room to my first grade room, working on setting that up and completing many hours of training- in July alone I did about 33 hours.  I also started back to work on Thursday- kids to come on August 11.

So, there you have it- a synopsis of my summer.  It's been busy- but a good busy.  I had another part of this post that I was going to put in here but it's long enough so that will be another post for another day (which is a good thing).  Hopefully I can make some time to get it posted this week!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Minus the pain and lack of answers from doctors, this sounds like a really fun few months hun! That's awesome that you're friend opened her own studio like that! You're making me kick myself for not going paddle boarding yet, too, haha. It always looks like such a cool thing to do :) Good luck with the start of school!!

Brooke said...

you should definitely get your injuries looked at! although i do understand why you are frustrated at doctors at this point.

Karla @ Run, Karla, Run! said...

Good busy is good! Sorry about your heel pain. Niggles are annoying! Hope you're able to sort it out.