Friday, June 21, 2013

One Day...

to half marathon #2.  I have no grand illusions for this one.  With the heat, and the lack of long runs (the heat), I would like to do just one thing- beat my time from my Knoxville one.  And, if that should not occur then I would like come in under a certain time.  However, as a friend pointed out- I'm getting out there and doing it!  I have come a long way in a year- I know that, I see that, and I feel that- BUT I still have a long way to go.  And you know what- I'm okay with that.  It's not a sprint to the finish but the marathon of life and it will have the ups and downs, the strengths and weaknesses, and the adventures that any good marathon has.

Source: instagram.com via Tami on Pinterest


In the meantime- while I am on this journey- I am working on my health coach schooling (made even more imperative by the projected passing of a teacher salary bill in TN- basically making salaries LESS than what they are), engaging with friends in healthy lifestyle activities as well as dialogue, and building my blogger friendships around the world.

Oh, and in another nod to my title- ONE DAY- I want to break a 30 minute 5K and a 2:30 minute half and can't forget completing a full (someday)

Question for today: What is your "one day" plan?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, LOVE!! YOU'RE GOING TO ROCK IT!!

LetsTalkAndWalk said...

good luck tomorrow!

Bill (cycleguy) said...

You know mom and I will be waiting to hear how you do. We are soooo proud of you. I am proud of you for getting out there and doing something and not sitting around on your...well you know. :) Love you much and no matter how you do that will not change.

Melanie Wilson said...

I'm not a runner, but I think your goals are fantastic! The process of getting there is more valuable than the finish line.