Sunday, February 17, 2013

Borrowing Trouble..

which I am not but I think I figured out the reason for my being "off" this past week (besides my dislike of that holiday).  It hit me when talking with someone but this Thursday is my yearly urologist appt.  Back in 2009 I was diagnosed with a kidney disorder (Medullary Sponge Kidney) that in essence turned my life upside down.  It has been this past year that I got serious with the dietary changes that needed to happen and I have seen pretty good results from that.  It's the reason I cut out wheat and soy along with other odds and ends.  Anyway, I go for my yearly visit to him every year around this time and even though I haven't really had many problems (actually until today- I have not had any at all and I'll find out Thursday if today's had anything to do with it or not since it'll still show up in my *ahem* testing)- anyway, even though I haven't had many problems it still makes me nervous and uneasy around my appointment.  Why?  I know it can't be changed (although one part of me wants to request another CT scan to see if there's been any changes at all- however, he said he won't request one because of the radiation) but it's just always there- in the back of my mind- just wondering- what is going on inside my body. 



However, this whole experience is what has led me to wanting to become a health coach- to help others who need guidance in this area as well.  4 years later, I am starting to see the reason behind this.  I wish I could see the end result but since I can't I'll just hold on, trusting that He will guide me.

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think He often prepares us to use our experiences to help others...it's always difficult to trust that everything is going to work out, though...I have trouble with this myself, but I'm working on it...I think you'd make a wonderful coach, love :)

Bill (cycleguy) said...

You already know how I feel, but I will reiterate: I believe you will make a marvelous health coach. We are never taken through something without a result down the line. If you hadn't had the kidney issue chances are you would have never made the dietary changes you have. You would also possibly not have this burning desire to help others find better health. You are who you are because of HIS work in your life. Love you much.

Tami Grandi said...

Caitlin- so true! You got this as well1

Tami Grandi said...

Dad, you have to say that- you are my dad :) LOL But you are right- and like I said, 4 years later this is starting to make some sense. Love you too!