Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Look Back...

2012 in Review

My 2012


1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? I learned to enjoy running and participating in runs of various kinds (aka races).

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't know that I made any NY resolutions last year but I am making goals for next year (and they will be posted somewhere around Jan. 1)

3. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Complete contentment throughout the year.

4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Completing the runs mentioned in number 1- especially completing the first one (I had tears in my eyes)
 
5. Where did most of your money go?  At the beginning of the year I would have said crafting stuff but at the end of the year there was a shift and it became more and more on running stuff (clothing, race fees, etc)

6. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Completing runs that I didn't think I could!

7. What song will always remind you of 2012? I have a couple depending on the time period- Toby Mac- Eye On It; Audio Adrenaline- Kings and Queens; Train- Brand New Book; and one more which will be part of my January 1 post.  Click the names of the songs for links to the videos.

8. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time with family and friends

9. What do you wish you'd done less of? Stressing over the little things that don't really matter

10. How did you spend Christmas? In Indiana with my parents, my sister, and nephew.

11. How will you spend New Year's Eve? With friends

12. Did you fall in love in 2012? Nope

13. What was your favorite TV program? I don't really have a favorite other than Biggest Loser- looking forward to that coming back on.

14. What did you do on your birthday? My birthday was on a Sunday so I went to church and then out to lunch with a friend.  The day before I went on a hike (which was actually the start of this journey)

15. What kept you sane? Exercising/spinning/running

16. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. It's summed up in the following photo:

17. Quote a song lyric/movie/tv quote that sums up your year:
I have a couple (both song lyrics):
 
Britt Nicole- Stand-
 When I feel like giving up
When my heart has hurt too much
Feels like i've reached the end
No, I won't turn and run
This battle will be won
When I've done all I can
I stand, stand, stand
 
Matt Redman- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)
The sun comes up; it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I worship Your holy name
 
and a third- Colton Dixon- You Are

When I can't find the words to say how much it hurts
You are the healing in my heart
When all that I can see are broken memories
You are the light that's in the dark

Chorus:
You are the song,
You are the song I'm singing.
You are the air,
You are the air I'm breathing
You are the hope,
You are the hope I needed.
Ohhooohh
 
 
**I saw a survey like this on another blog (one that has more questions and is designed to be more personal) but I cut out some of the questions and decided to use them to bring my 2012 in review.

5 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Loved the year in review. Gonna have to get a copy of that. On the comment side: I am so proud of how you did this year. You grew in different ways (and one of them was not your weight). You grew emotionally. Physically. Spiritually. Looking forward to your new year. BTW: like Matt's and Colton's song. Glad to see K & Q's there by AA. :)

collettakay said...

I love Britt Nicole, Toby Mac and Colton Dixon! Great songs :)

Colletta

Alicia said...

Love this post, especially #4, #5, #6 - I have spent more money on running/workout stuff, but I think it is money well spent. It gives back in the best ways :)

Coach Jen said...

Great post! That first race is one you will always remember :)

RunToTheFinish said...

contentment oh that is a great one! tough and yet so important