Sunday, September 16, 2012

New Perspectives, Kind Words, and Joy

Random combination of words but all connected.  I'm going to hit each one of them and then close out this post with a link that I found over on Pinterest this morning

I'm going to start with New Perspectives: 

I found this over on pinterest this past week and I realized that I keep waiting until I get to my goal to feel proud of my accomplishments when in reality I should be proud of the fact that I am actually doing something.  I am setting an example for my students when I eat healthy at lunch and when I exercise alongside them in P.E. class.  I have overcome several obstacles in the past year- mainly physical but one big one is the mental block that I put up for myself by allowing myself to "talk down" to myself.  Be proud of the action!

Which leads me to Kind Words!  No pictures for this one- just a quick little paragraph and a link to an amazing blog that I read today that fits in perfectly with it.  It goes along with being proud of yourself and who God made you!  I'm learning- slowly but surely- to simply say thank you.  I had several people at church today tell me that they could tell I had lost weight and that I looked great- up to just a couple of weeks ago I would have simply said- thanks but I still have a long way to go- and honestly, I still struggle with not just saying that.  However, the fact of the matter is- it's a lifetime journey so it's something that I will always be working on and always have a long way to go so I need to stop with the negative talk and just say a simple thank you.  So, to those of you who have said those kind words to me- thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  Today I read this post- and it really hit home with me!  I'm So Sick of "F" Word   This beautiful lady is an amazing woman of God who has struggled with her own battles- but God has used those wounds to bring about an amazing testimony!  This post says it all!  We must stop this cycle!

and Joy- well, honestly I don't have much to say about that- other than making sure you are finding joy in what you are doing.  If you are then you will be more likely to stick with it and make it habit! 

One last link for today- Read this article this morning and thought it was interesting.  What is your best tip???

No comments: