Monday, January 12, 2009

Diagnosis and where to go from here

Well, I got a diagnosis for the health issues that have been going on.  I have medullary sponge kidney.  I've had it since birth but usually people never find out they have it until they pass away.  I also read that if it decides to show up it shows up usually in the 30s and 40s.  Since I am 33 I fit that :)  however, it's not fatal, the only thing that will change will be my eating habits.  No more chocolate, no more parsley, no nuts, and no spinach (among many other things) and then I have a LOT of foods to eat sparingly.  In fact, there are more foods that I can't eat than I can.  I'm hoping to speak to a nutritionist soon so that I can get a better idea on it because I'm overwhelmed with it all.  On the other hand- the dietary restrictions will prevent them from getting bigger which will help me in the long run.  I should note- when I say them- I'm speaking of kidney stones- I have them in the "meaty" part of the kidney and they will more than likely never pass.  So, that's where things stand right now.  Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments: