Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stress is a kicker!

I did real well yesterday morning and had no appetite at lunch yesterday (I'll share that in a minute) and then for dinner I ended up at chick fil a.  CFA is one of my fave places to eat- I even like the grilled chicken and love the fact that you can get fruit.  The problem(s): I was traveling (too hard to eat fruit when driving) and I was stressed.  So, what did I get- a chicken nugget value meal with fries- I guess I should not be too hard on myself- I really did do well the rest of the day and I just know that means I'll have to work a bit harder.  That meant this morning I pushed myself out of bed and got my tail down to the Y (my dad arranged for some free visits while I visit them) and worked out for about 50 minutes.  You can definitely tell the difference between the Y and the Rush (where I go)- you can tell the Y is non profit and the Rush is for profit.  I love the atmosphere at the Y (although this one is really small) but my Rush is a great facility- state of the art- lots of machines, lots of cardio, etc.  It even has a climbing wall that moves (I don't know how to really explain that).  I did get a good workout and sweated a lot- it's the first time I have worked out in a week and I needed it.  

Now- on to the stress part of my day- yesterday morning at the school where I teach we got word that one of our second graders attempted to hang himself the night before.  That of course was on my mind all day long and I really struggled with my emotions.  I thought about it a lot on the drive to my parents house.  I'll be praying for the little guy.

Breakfast: 1/2 pb sandwich, 2 slices cheese

No comments: