Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Well, it's weigh-in Wednesday

I haven't had a chance to actually take my measurements (although I know that would depress me) but to give you a little "insight"/background. I'm 5'7" and when I weighed myself on Sunday I was at 202. Why that's so hard for me to swallow is that two and a half years ago I was there. I lost about 10 lbs. in October through December due to dealing with a bad break up of a relationship and then in January I went to the dr. (2 of them) and they both told me- on the same day- that I needed to get busy watching what I eat and exercising. At the time I worked for the YMCA so I was going by the main facility all the time to take paperwork- it was so easy to go in, change clothes, and drop off the paperwork on the way to the workout room. So from the end of January to June I lost 25 pounds. At the end of May I went to Greece where I didn't gain or lose anything and then from June to the end of July I lost another 5 pounds for a total of 30 lbs. I looked great, I felt great. Then I started a new job at a school that had been reconstituted, which meant that I needed to work extra hours, and that meant I was mentally and physically exhausted and I didn't work out as much, if at all. I still have my membership to the Y and I know that I have to start going. Once I get there I'm fine with being there- I just hate the thought of going. So again, this is another thing where the accountability will come in to play. After I move I'm going to have to start going.

Oh yeah, another measure for me is that I gave blood in May and my cholesterol was 226- i'm going to start giving blood regularly again which means that I am going to have that measure too.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I know what you mean. . .I hate going to the tennis court but once I'm there, I'm fine. I think it's psychological. For me, the "thought" of having to walk is worse than actual walking.

Hope today will be a good day for you!

Maria