Sunday, October 18, 2015

Tap, Tap, Tap... Is this Thing on?

Just checking- it's been a LONG time since I posted- my birthday- ALLLLLL the way back in June.  A LOT has happened since then!  I went on a trip, said goodbye to friends with lots of tears (by me), moved from Tennessee to Indiana, looked for a job, cried a lot while I wondered if I made the right choice, looked more for a job, found a job (more on that in a minute), ran a 5K for the first time in months, wondered if I am ever going to have a life (that hasn't changed), oh, and I got a new car (literally brand new- it had 5 miles when I drove it off the lot!).  That's the quick summary- more details will be forthcoming.

So, why blog now?  My friend Jess who blogs over at Tune My Heart was challenged by her husband to blog at least twice a week- Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I don't know that I will have specific days (my schedule is CRAZY right now) but I do want to attempt the two days a week thing.  Today is going to be a catch up and my next post will be a recap of the 5K.  Next weekend I am heading to Ohio to run with 15000 of my closest friends the OSU 4 mile race.  We will end on the 50 yard line of Ohio State's stadium!  I am not anywhere close to be able to run 4 miles but I will finish and the 50 yard line thing is cool and am an Ohio State fan so it's got it all wrapped up in one!



Anyway- so the move- first took me to my parents house and as God so perfectly prepared I ended up getting a job in the next town over so, for a while, since prices are ridiculous for renting, I am continuing to live there.  Not where I planned to be at 40 but as God so eloquently reminds me- I have a plan for you- a plan to prosper and not to harm you.





My job- I am teaching Kindergarten.  There's a lot of similarities to my school in TN and a lot of differences as well.  I will say that I am enjoying it (most days ;) other days I would love to sleep in)- again, probably not what I would have chosen (I took about an 18,000 pay cut) but He had a plan for me.


The new car- I drive a minimum of 40 miles in a day because of work and the miles were racking up on my HHR- after it broke down I finally decided to see what could be done.  I walked away (drove away) with a brand new Nissan Sentra and my payments are only a few dollars more.  Works for me :)  I struggled with the idea of the loan but I still owed a year and a half on the other loan but they gave me a great deal on my trade in which made it all work out.  I am grateful for God's provision in that matter as well.

So- there you have it in a nutshell- my last few months- give or take a few things.  I am going to continue to work on posting, healthy living posts, accountability posts and a few other things to get myself going again (I even stamped a few cards this weekend- my other stress release - and didn't feel guilty!)

8 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Glad to see you are back blogging at least twice a week. It is a good discipline. I know living with us is not ideal, but it works for now. As you have said, "God has a plan." Besides, mom would miss her Netflix if you moved out! Proud of you making this step and just know God will reward it in some way. It goes without saying that I love you much.

Brooke said...

i'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet before you moved.

manoj katz said...

Journey to a Healthy Life. The title itself is quite intriguing and thats exactly why i thought of spending a couple of mins reading it. It was well worth it. Good read.

bubsaustralia1 said...

Those sound like some good rules that all of us need to follow! I am just now catching up on your posts a great ideas and your blog is just like a motivation inspire about the goal really appreciated.Thanks
day care centers in brooklyn ny

Moore Williams said...

Valuable information ..I am delighted to read this article..thank you for giving us this useful information.
urgent care medical clinic

Irene Thayer said...

Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
What about following each other on Instagram, bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

firstresponseurgentcare02@gmail.com said...

i appreciate your work this is really incredible i have get a lot of information from here thanks for providing such kind of information.

brooklyn urgent care center

kidney cleanse diet said...

Posted here something which is really incredible for a healthy life. Thanks for sharing here about this really useful. Really a informative blog . Keep updating more like this.