Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sunday Inspiration- Drawing the Line

As I was running my 5K this morning (Saturday) this song came on and I just really started thinking through the words and their meaning.  Then this verse came to mind:

 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)

As I was running (and struggling- race recap to come later) I kept thinking how this was going to be the new start that I desperately needed and that I am the one who makes my choices.  It is time to draw a line and realize that I can't do this on my own.  I can only do it with God in charge, letting go of it all and having the accountability of friends.

"this is where i draw the line 
this is the where the old me dies 
light a match, let it burn, kiss it goodbye, 
giving up what i was 
this is where i draw the line 
Another battle I've lost fighting solo 
How many times must I learn what I already know? 
Can't do this on my own 
I wasn't meant to fight alone 
So I'm lifting my hands in surrender 
Take my faults and my flaws, make me better 
Cause this is where I end: right where You begin"

3 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

What blows me away is not that you ran and completed the run. I believed and believe you can do it. It is the fact you like a Disciple song!Yowzer!! I have the whole CD if you want to listen when you are here. LOL Good choice of starting over.

Tami Grandi said...

umm well you were the one who introduced me to the song. And not thanks on the cd- I listened to some of the music on youtube previously and they are not my cup of tea :)

Brooke said...

love the thought, love the song!