Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Greenways 5K (#7 out of 14)


Halfway there!  As I mentioned in my last post I was trying to get in two more races/runs before surgery and this was on the Saturday right before surgery.  I was able to run it for a great deal- I had a volunteer coupon plus my KTC discount so it ended up being only $10- can't beat that!  Knoxville has some beautiful greenways but since I mostly run alone I very rarely take advantage of them (except certain ones).  This particular run ended being a really small one- there were only about 110 participants (in the 5K- there was also a 2 mile dog jog that I think had quite a few also) and it was actually the first "warm" day to run.  In fact, I got a little warm out there- starting temperature was about 55 degrees and the sun was shining!  The greenways were rolling "hills"with some stretches of flat.  It was a lot of fun- lots of encouragement from other runners (both those who were running the 5K and those just out for the morning).  Beforehand I did have a chance to meet a local runner/blogger Amy and her husband.  Amy blogs over at Coffee, Scarves, and Running Shoes.  We have chatted on FB several times but finally got a chance to meet so that was fun!

I don't have a lot to say about this particular race- I was doing well and then toward the end of it I just kind of "fizzled" out for lack of a better word.  I had a lot on my mind while I was running and the end snuck up on me (It was in the middle of the greenway and not where we started).  My time was better than the week before but I finished WAY low in the pack (which again is totally fine).  Hoping that this surgery will help with some of the troubles I have had with running lately but it will be a few weeks before I get any ideas on that.  I didn't even get a picture with my #7 :(  It's the only one I have forgotten but I didn't run this one with any of my Sole Sister running friends and I had an eye appointment that I had to book it to.

Final Results:
Greenways 5K
Time: 37:15 (93/111)




4 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I think you run just to get new T shirts. LOL. You sure have a collection of them. I'm proud of you.

Tami Grandi said...

LOL- I have the collection of them- I actually do wear most of them though :) I would love to have them made into a quilt someday

Brooke said...

congrats on yet another race! :) I've chatted with Amy a bit, she's very sweet.

Wise Hearted said...

Congratulation Tami...I think to be able to run anywhere is a plus. The quote you posted made me think about our race here on earth toward our spiritual finish line. It is all about finishing, not quitting on the things of God. Praying for you about your surgery.