Monday, August 5, 2013

Recap- Races and Life!

I know I have been MIA for over a week- it was one of those weeks where I just didn't have a lot to say so I kept on the "down-low" :)  I have a few recaps- I'll start with life and move on to the race.

Life:
-Went to my 20 year high school reunion- I would share a picture or two but I don't have permission from anyone to do so so I better not :)  I enjoyed both Friday night (where I got to see some friends who couldn't come Saturday) and Saturday night.  It was fun to see how people changed (or not changed)

-I broke down and bought a new computer- it's bigger and faster.  My old one was freezing up on me and overheating a lot.  I can now work on getting documents and such off of there and cleaning it off to have available for odds and ends.

-I took my first test for IIN (health coaching) and I passed!  The first attempt I got a 90 (the 3 questions I missed were silly mistakes that one little word could change the meaning) and the second attempt I got a 100!  Crazy to think that I am a 1/4 of the way through the program.

-School starts back TOMORROW!  This is the big thing for me- basically it means it's time to kick up the time management and get things going for school.  This week will be busy with meetings and working in the classroom.  The kiddos start back on the 12th.  While I am looking forward to this year and all of the change, I do still wish it was still summer break- this one went WAY too fast!






Now the race! 

Saturday morning was a local Hotter 'n Hell race that benefits cancer research.  Having had several friends and family members who have had this impact their lives I knew that this was a cause I could get behind.  This was race #13 in 2013!  Yes, I have finished them!  Some of them were virtual (I think 3or 4 of them) but the majority were "real" races.  I'm going to admit- I didn't do well on this one.  I started out too fast I think and that really played havoc with me.  It was warm (about 70 with over 90% humidity) and sunny (the forecast said it was supposed to be cloudy).  My final time ended up being 36:54 which is my worst time to date but I'm going to use this to push myself and help myself get stronger and better.  I know that it's time to add in some strength and speed work.  I will definitely do this race again (they had a GREAT spread) and all costs were taken care of by sponsors so 100% of the registration costs went to the cause!




Time to get serious!  The rest of my Sunday evening (when I am typing this) will be spent watching my BRAVES (woohoo!), working on some school stuff, working on scheduling some blog posts, pulling some running clothes together for tomorrow, and making a plan for the week (both food, exercise, and the other "stuff")


12 comments:

LetsTalkAndWalk said...

Congrats on passing your IIN test! WOOHOO!!! I have FOUR more modules before my FINAL test. So excited. Hope the school year starts our great. Good luck!

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Congrats on the tests. And you have heard me say it before, but will say it again: it doesn't matter how fast you ran the race. It is whether you finished. You did. it was successful. Way to go Pirates! Oops I mean, way to go Tami! Love you.

Tami Grandi said...

Glenneth- I can't wait to see how it goes for you! Thanks!

Tami Grandi said...

Dad- I know but I do WANT to get better ;) for the same reason I couldn't leave my test at a 90 and I had to go ahead and take the second attempt LOL- that competitiveness against myself! and ha ha on the Pirates thing!

Unknown said...

Way to go, love!! You've been a busy gal for the past week, and it all sounds great!! I'm sorry the summer went too fast :( I completely agree that this year needs to slow down...I can't believe it's August. I hope your first week back goes well <3

Alicia said...

So many things to say "congrats" to! Your 13th race (woo hoo!) and passing your test (woooo hooo)! Way to go out there and get what you want :)

Unknown said...

The "tips for scheduling workouts" is so true! Having a detailed plan is pretty important to success in any area!!
You sound a lot like me with the test taking - you aren't content with just passing! I remember feeling panicked when taking the state standardized tests when I was in school because I was in an advanced program, and I looked for the "trick" in every question! Overthinking has always been my problem! HaHa!
Good luck getting back into the swing of things! The best thing about being a teacher is that you get to start a new job every single year!

Suz and Allan said...

Congrats on passing the first test! Enjoy the new computer.

Tami Grandi said...

Caitlin- it's been interesting to say the least- it's almost over though and I'll be glad for routine

Tami Grandi said...

Alicia thanks!

Tami Grandi said...

Flaming June- Thanks- glad to know I am not alone in the overthinking!

Tami Grandi said...

Suz- thanks (and so far I am!)